Today I welcome Sylvia McDaniel! My thanks for taking the time away from your busy schedule to answer some of my questions on your newest novella and your upcoming book. Readers, don’t forget to leave a comment or ask Sylvia a question.
First a bit about Sylvia. She is a best-selling, award-winning author of western historical romance and contemporary romance novels. Sylvia is the author of The Burnett Brides a historical western series, The Cuvier Widows, a Louisiana historical series, and the upcoming western historical series Lipstick and Lead.
Former President of the Dallas Area Romance Authors, a member of the Romance Writers of America®, and a member of Novelists Inc, her novel, A Hero’s Heart was a 1996 Golden Heart Finalist. Several other books have placed or won in the San Antonio Romance Authors Contest, LERA Contest, and she was a Golden Network Finalist.~~Goodreads
• Can you give readers some information about this story?
With the death of their father, the McKenzie sisters, Meg, Annabelle and Ruby find themselves penniless and need a way to earn their keep. They try the normal ways for women to earn a living in a small western town and Meg even asks Sheriff Zach Gillespie to marry her. But when that doesn’t work, they have no choice but to take up their father’s profession, bounty hunting.They quickly put their feminine wiles and Six Shooters to work to earn their way in the old west. Tough, resilient and badass to the core, they soon learn that they don’t need a man to protect them even if that man is the handsome sheriff who has stolen Meg’s heart. Kick off this adventure with Desperate the first installment of this new historic western series, Lipstick and Lead.
The first full length book will be out August 1. That will be Meg’s story – Deadly.
• About your characters, if you gave one of your characters an opportunity to speak for themselves, what would they say? Meg would look you straight in the eye and tell you that just because she’s a woman doesn’t mean that she can’t out shoot and out ride you. Annabelle would try to be nice and make you feel at home, but if you double cross her or put your hands in the wrong place, she’d shoot you. Ruby is the baby, but she has a wicked streak through her and loves to experience it all. Some silly boy tried to rape her once and she almost killed him.
• Many authors have a favorite character. Do you have one?
No, I love all three of these young women. They are each strong and sassy in their own way.
• If your book was made into a TV series or Movie, what actors would you like to see playing your characters? Feel free to add pics!
I use Hollywood actresses for my descriptions, but unfortunately, I just printed their pictures off, but I didn’t write down the people’s names. The girl that I have chosen for Meg is perfect, but I don’t know her name.
• What is your favorite scene? Share the scene.
I can’t share my favorite scene because it’s almost at the end of the book and well let’s just say that someone gets left tied up and naked in the middle of main street.
• What other things have you written?
The Burnett Brides Series, The Cuvier Women Series, A Scarlet Bride, A Hero’s Heart, The Wanted Bride, My Sister’s Boyfriend, The Reluctant Santa.
- Wow! You’ve been busy. What authors have influenced your writing? Did you have a mentor?
No mentor, but I have loved Johanna Lyndsay, Kathleen Woodweiss, Susan Elizabeth Phillips and Rachel Gibson. Currently I’m reading Julie James and LOL.
• Who designed the cover of your book?
LyndseyLlewellyn (http://lyndseylewellen.wordpress.com/portfolio/) who is expecting twins.
• What do you like doing when you’re not writing?
My writing career takes up about 12-16 hours a day. A couple of times a year I walk away and relax. I’m about to go hiking in Colorado and I can’t wait.
Where can readers find out more about you?
Sign up for Sylvia’s newsletter at www.SylviaMcDaniel.com
Visit Sylvia’s website at www.SylviaMcDaniel.com
Follow Sylvia on twitter at http://twitter.com/Sylvia McDaniel
Join Sylvia on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SylviaMcDanielAuthor
To Buy Books Click Here:
Barnes & Noble
Sylvia, Thanks so much for being our guest today and good luck on your new series.
Thanks for having me!!!