Investigating Things That Go Bump In The Night
Very few of us can say that we haven’t experienced something in the dark of night that scared us or made us uncomfortable. Recently, I attended a lecture given by two men who researched their own experiences and decided to help others who experienced paranormal phenomena.
Kevin wears a visible cross around his neck and Justin, his partner in Fort Worth Paranormal, speaks of his past study for the ministry. These are men that are vocal about their strong faith in God….but also about their belief in the unexplainable, in spirits that have lingered here, good or evil.
Justin said his first paranormal experience occurred when he was twelve years old. He described himself as being in a half-conscious state where he couldn’t breathe and he could feel what he thought was a dark entity pushing down on his chest. He had a choking feeling as his terror escalated. Then he heard his grandmother’s voice saying, “Call on Jesus.”
When he uttered “Jesus,” a light entered the room and dissolved the dark figure.
Why do these men investigate unusual and unexplained phenomena? Both Justin and Kevin said experiences they couldn’t explain led to research on the topic and the discovery that others had similar experiences. These experiences have led them to investigate houses where possible paranormal activity has occurred. Investigations are free and service based.
“Who are we to think we are the only ones here,” Kevin asks. “As long as there is a need, we want to help.”
The process for investigation begins with:
- an in-depth interview of those requesting help in order to get an idea of the experiences and the client’s mental and emotional status.
- Clients allow them complete access to their homes and/or business for three to four hours. Trust is a big factor.
- During that time they use recordings(video cameras, photos, audio) electromagnetic field detectors, parascope sensors, thermometers and other equipment to determine any changes in electromagnetic energy.
- Kevin and Justin don’t claim to be experts and they say there are no experts in this field. They validate what they can and use notes, interviews, data collection and other evidence to prove/disprove spirits existence. They put the clients in contact with experienced people who can resolve the situation if warranted.
What you may encounter if you decide to visit a haunted house:
- A change in temperature if a spirit is there-a room may become very cold.
- Two types of spirits 1)Good spirits were human but have remained on this level. Spirits are believed to have the same personality as they did when alive. They may inhabit residences because they have unfinished business there. 2)Evil spirits and demons-An evil spirit could be something trying to hurt you. A demon is considered its own entity or a fallen angel. The chances of encountering one is very slim on a ghost hunt.
Local Houses to Ghost Hunt:
If you have even the slightest interest in ghosts, chances are that you know of a haunted house somewhere near you. In Texas, there are several recommended that are not too far from the Dallas/Fort Worth area:
The Bone Yards
2921 E. Division St.
Arlington, Texas 76011
This is a very popular venue
Owner says no renter has ever stayed long.
Tours between 9pm-6am
For more information contact Fort Worth Paranormal at www.fortworthparanormal.com
Now a question for you……Have you had any paranormal experiences?